Friday 21 August 2009

Week 6-7, Mumbai and Pune

After the week in Goa with Euan, Charlotte and Ian, we spent the weekend in Mumbai where we were joined by another friend, Chris; I had an overlap of friends visiting. Chris arrived in Mumbai on Friday night, and Charlotte and Ian left on Saturday night. I had only spent one day in Mumbai before this, so it was nice to see a bit more of the city.

On Friday night before Chris arrived we walked around Marine Drive. You can see the skyline across the water, and we went at dusk so the sky was getting dark and the lights were coming on so it was really beautiful. I think it might have been the first time I was really impressed with something in India.


On Saturday we went on a boat trip to Elephanta Island. It is a bunch of Hindu cave temples on an island near Mumbai. There were lots of monkeys running around and it was really hot.


Then on Saturday night we had dinner at the Hard Rock Café. I used to collect Hard Rock Café t-shirts when I was in High School, and I decided to start again. Here we all are at dinner before Charlotte and Ian went back to the UK.


On Sunday Euan, Chris and I went back to Pune and spent a few days there. The boys did all the tourist activities in Pune: went to Shaniwar Wada, walked up Parvati hill and passed time at the German Bakery. I also brought them into work one day, and we went shopping around Laxmi Road. They left to go back to the UK yesterday, so now it’s back to work. It was nice to have a break, and have lots of visitors.

No comments:

Post a Comment