Sunday 15 November 2009

Week 17, Pune

Our last stop in India before flying back to the UK was Pune. It was nice to visit ‘home’ one more time. We stayed with Susan and Caroline in our flat, so my mom got to see where I lived for the past 4 months. Then on Saturday we went to Shelter Associates. They got us a Maharashtrian thali for lunch from my favorite all you can eat thali restaurant. Here are Sandhya and Shoba explaining all the food to my mom. We spent the afternoon in the office because I had some work to finish, and my mom just caught up on all her emails and online games.


On Sunday morning we went on a day trip with Caroline to a village near Pune. The landscape was beautiful and I think my mom was happy to see a bit more of rural India, because most of what we saw was big cities. We did some shopping in Pune that afternoon and in the evening we completed the trip with a bollywood movie, Aladdin. Then on Monday morning we packed up and took a taxi to Mumbai. My mom flew out in the evening, and I flew the next morning.


Bye India!

No comments:

Post a Comment