Thursday 15 October 2009

Week 15, India Trip

Yesterday was my last day of work at Shelter Associates, and today I leave on my big India trip. I’m took a taxi to the Mumbai airport to meet my mom tonight at 9:30. Here’s our itinerary for the next two weeks:


  • We’re now spending the first night at an airport hotel in Mumbai. On 16 October, we fly to Udaipur, where we spend three nights; Euan is joining us there on the 18th.
  • On the 19th we take an overnight train to Jaipur, where we will spend 3 more nights.
  • On the 23rd we’re hiring a driver to take us to Agra via Fatehpur Sikri and we’ll spend only one night in Agra right next to the Taj Mahal.
  • Then it’s an evening train to Delhi on the 24th. Euan will leave us in Delhi on the 26th,
  • and then my mom and I take an overnight train to Varanasi on the 27th. We will spend two nights there,
  • then fly to Pune on the 30th, where we’ll spend 3 nights.
  • Our last night, on 2 Nov, we’ll spend in Mumbai again. My mom flies out at about 1:00 on 3 Nov and I fly out at 11:00.

Since I’ve been working with Google Earth so much, I decided to map it all out.



I’ll try to post updates from each stop along the way; I think we have internet in all our hotels along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment