Friday 19 June 2009

17 days and back from pre-departure training

This week I had an EWB pre-departure training course. It was at Ringsfield Hall. It's a pretty cool house, and they have lots of animals in the garden including a peacock that walked around everywhere and made a lot of noise. It was a little bit hard to sit through all the talks at the course because I was stressed about finishing my PhD; the little voice in my head kept saying that I really should be working. But it was really great to meet all the other people involved with EWB and all the others going on placements this year. They are such a great group of people who really care about making this world a better place. I'm especially looking forward to meeting up with the other people who are going to India, while we are over there!

No comments:

Post a Comment